Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Canvasing.....


Some of you know that I’m planning to go canvasing this summer, starting in Feb.


If you know me personally, then you probably know that I’m not a bookseller, but if God calls me to do something, then I need to be willing to do it, however hard it may be!

Just a couple months ago I said I would never go canvasing, but I feel that God is calling me to do it.

 What got me into it is that my sister went with a canvasing group last year; she did not know anyone that was in the group, but she went and was blessed, and wanted to go again, and she wanted me to go too. But I said, I will never do that, but here I am getting ready to go canvasing! Wow! Am I really doing this?

When you’re willing to do what God calls you to do, you do a lot of things that you thought you would never do!

You don’t say, “here I am, Lord send me” if you don’t mean it, because God will call you to do things that you thought you would never do.

What I tell people, is that there is nothing worse that you can do, than when God tells you to do something, and you don’t do it!

I’m sure that if you have ever canvased before that you probably know what I’m talking about!

It’s not that I don’t like getting to know new people, or that I don’t like doing things on my own, but I just can’t quite see my self selling books.
I’m sure that you have had a salesmen try to sell you something and I’m sure that you were probably thinking, how can I get away from this guy, and now I’m going to be that guy.

But what I have to offer is much different then a vacuum or some little silly thing, I’m going to be selling something that brings happiness and joy to people that don’t know the God that I know!

But like I said, if God calls me to do something, I best do it!!
But through it all, I’m feeling some excitement about it all.
I think the best part of it all is, is knowing that God is about to use me in some way for him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment