Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Why is it that we still despise Him....


"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not."

Do we ever look at that and say, 'I don't think that I've ever despised or rejected God. I mean I go to church and give money to the poor, I've clothed the naked.'

What have I done that I would be seen as one of the ones that has despised Him?

When we get mad or when we say things that God would not say, or when we do things that we would not want God to witness. In doing so we despise our Father, Jesus.

"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted."

He hath borne our griefs but we still despise Him. 

Why is it that we still despise Him when He hath borne everything? He paid the price of death for us but yet we still reject Him with the way we treat him. 

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

Wow, why then do we still reject Him in the way we treat Him?

We tend to blame God for the things that seem not fair to us. We say, why God, why did you let this happen?

The only thing I can say is, "All we like sheep have gone astray." And all I can say is, praise the Lord for forgiveness!

When we hurt God, He is more than willing to bring us back and forgive us! 

What a God we serve!



No comments:

Post a Comment