Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

"habit will finally make it easy".

How do I get a closer walk with Christ on a daily basis? I've been asking myself that question. 

It's hard for me to keep a close walk with God when I'm busy going about my day.

But if I'm trying to follow Him, then it is essential to keep a strong connection with Him! 

It takes self denial to keep bringing my mind and thoughts back around to Him. 

"If we would develop a character which God can accept, we must form correct habits in our religious life. Daily prayer is as essential to growth in grace, and even to spiritual life itself, as is temporal food to physical well-being. We should accustom ourselves to often lift the thoughts to God in prayer. If the mind wanders, we must bring it back; by persevering effort, habit will finally make it easy. We cannot for one moment separate ourselves from Christ with safety. We may have His presence to attend us at every step, but only by observing the conditions which He has Himself laid down."—The Review and Herald, May 3, 1881. – {DG 81.3}

I love how it says "habit will finally make it easy". It seems real easy to form bad habits but good habits seem to come with a little more time. 

It's amazing how God keeps holding on to us when we keep leaving Him. 


The other day, I was thinking about how Daniel prayed three times a day, and it says that he let nothing come between him and his time with God. 

"Daniel appreciated the privilege of praying to the God of heaven, and he so valued the opportunity of prayer that he would allow nothing to come between his soul and God".

What would we be like today if we set aside three times a day just to talk with God?

We say we love God but how are we treating Him? 

Are we showing that we love Him and want to be His disciple?

When Jesus said "take up your cross and fallow me" He wasn't saying it would be a easy task. 

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mark 8-36

The reward of denying self and laying aside time for God and abiding under His will, will pay off in the end!

It's a choice. A choice between God or self. 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing, Arron! It was a blessing to me because I have been asking myself this same question!

    ReplyDelete